The owner, Stephen Winters, has worked in the upholstery trade since 1966. After learning the trade while working with father, he has refined his skill through the following years and eventually began working as a partner with his sister in their own business.
In 1994 Stephen and his wife, Emmy, moved to Salem with their daughter and started their own business working from their home.
Stephen’s experience and skills include:
- Woodworking (altering furniture frames),
- Mechanics (furniture mechanisms)
- Inspection (condition of furniture)
- Artistry (creating beauty from distress)
- Design and layout (planning jobs)
- Sewing (all types for the home)
- Spring retying
- Padding – cushioning application & construction
- Fabric application
- Problem solving
- Attention to details